Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

My husband and I stopped smoking a little while ago. I slipped

My husband and I stopped smoking a little while ago. I slipped off the wagon and started smoking again. I have made a doctors appt to get help but I never told him that i had started again because he would ridicule me and I needed to do this with as little stress as possible. He has found out now and he is mad. I have said sorry to him and told him why but now he is not talking to me. It has been two days. WHAT DO I DO?

Good Evening,

You've made a mistake like any human being. He will have to get over this. How unrealistic is it to expect that you should be perfect and never make mistakes.

Let him know that you did not tell him because you felt afraid, ashamed and anxious in regard to his response. You must of felt disappointed in your relapse as well.

Ask him if he would be willing to help you quit (it takes time and effort) and show him that being supportive is more helpful to you than angry.