Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a

me and my girlfriend have been arguing because shes 3 years

Customer Question

me and my girlfriend have been arguing because shes 3 years younger than me and shes been staying over her single friends house of 2 weeks she will be home on monday but she wants to go clubbing and partying and i had a hard time dealing with it so on last thursday she started her job i went and suprized her and got a car marker and wrote all over her car how much i love her and i put roses and her drivers seat and all that she was so happy and it made her feel so special, later that day we go to my cuzins to watch a game and i ask her if she wants to go on a date she said yes of coarse but she said she had to help her dad clean the house because they are selling it, so the next day she calls me when she gets off work and tells me she gonna go get her toes done and i asked how long will that take she said she'll be done at 7 and then she says she wants to be home by 8 and short i said just forget it and on my face book i wrote changing my priorites she broke up with me will she be back? We have been on and off before, We've been together for 2 and a half years.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

There is a chance that she could come back to you. I recommend giving her some space to herself for maybe a week or so. After the week try to schedule a time when the two of you can sit down and discuss the things that led to your break up. After discussing the things that led to your break up ask her is there any way that the two of you could be a couple again (especially since she said you are a really big part of her life)? If she agrees then discuss together how you both can avoid being on and off in your relationship; discuss how the two of you can remain in your relationship without feeling the need to break up off and on.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If i cut off contact will she be the one to contact me first, like whats the percent chance that she will be back?
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
I recommend before you give her space that you send her an email or simply tell her that you want to give her some space to think about your relationship and that you would like to contact her in a week. This way she knows exactly what is going on and hopefully she would also respect your sensitivity in giving her some space to think.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
She hasn't responded to me since the last words that we shared with each other, do you think she will pick partying and drinking over a good relationship?
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
There is no way for me to know the answer to this question because I do not know her, however, she stated you are a big part of her life. Therefore, I think you should give her some space, especially since she's not responding to you now anyway, and then try to talk to her at a later time. You could still just send her an email or text message about giving her some space and then you would like to talk to her in a week or so and then give her space. If you don't give her space, you could possibly hinder any potential chances you may have of getting back together.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Being in psychology does absence really make the heart grow founder, or is it out of sight out of mind?

Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Actually they are both the same principle just different ways of thinking about it. Try my suggestions and I hope they work out just fine for you.