Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a

i am 45 male and have an ex g/f who i am still in love with

i am 45 male and have an ex g/f who i am still in love with she is in the process of a second divorce and has a son that i have always stayed in touch with, been around and done things with since he was 10 months old. mainly because the 2nd husband didnt like kids. i dont think she has any intrest in us getting back together but should i tell her how i feel or just sit back and wait to see if she has any interest in getting back together? i have been a big part of her 11yr old sons life and i feel i made it easy for her to stay with 2nd husband because i continued to be a father figure to the boy when he wasnt. my next question is should i continue to be a part of the boys life even if she starts seeing someone else after the divorce?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

I think you should tell her how you feel to a certain degree so that she knows it, however, just remember that due to her going through her second divorce, she may not respond to it or take any action upon it until she is finished with her divorce. Therefore, when you tell her how you feel, I don't think you should ask if she has any interest in getting back together because that would probably be overwhelming for her in lieu of dealing with the divorce. I think you should just tell her that you care about her and that you are there for her if she needs you and leave it at that for now. After the divorce is over you could further explore how she feels about you. Yes I think you should remain a part of her son's life as long as she is okay with it because you obviously have a bond with him and a relationship with him regardless of who she may or may not date.