Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a

My wife and I had words about another woman ,wich I admitted

My wife and I had words about another woman ,wich I admitted all guild,then my wife mailed the other woman ordered her to stop making contact,wich she did.My problem is that my wife keeps on threatening me to take action against the other woman every time we experience difficulty in our relationship.There are no contact of any kind between the other woman and myself ,how do i convince her to let go of what happened in the past since i have really tried evrything i can think of
Thank you
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

In order to convince your wife to let go of the past you will need to earn her trust back due to her feeling betrayed and hurt by you interacting with the other woman. Sit down with your wife and ask her to tell you how you can begin to earn her trust back so the two of you can move beyond this point. Also, if it is an option, going to marriage counseling would also be helpful so that you can both work through the issues pertaining to this situation. A book I recommended to my clients dealing with the same situation, which they found helpful, can be found by clicking here: