Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
19260254

Hi me and my ex bf are seeing each other again and seeing where

Customer Question

Hi me and my ex bf are seeing each other again and seeing where things go slowly. He came around the other day and he started to ask me questions such as ''did you kiss anyone in the weekend, did u get any boys numbers, did you flirt etc etc" i said no because i am seeing you why would i do that...and he said ok fair enough. I asked him the same questions back as a joke and he said he didnt do anything either and was faithful. I am just confused as to why he would ask me these questions if he already knows we are seeing each other and we are exclusive ( not seeing other people). i want to ask him but i don't want to sound insecure. I am really confused, i hope he knows that we arnt seeing other people because that would be wrong. whats your advice?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Morning,

He had already mentioned that he is not seeing anyone. The issue is whether you believe him or not. People can say different things and not mean them.

He may have asked you if you are seeing someone else because he is your ex (at some point you decided to split) Perhaps he's wondering what may have caused that and trying to prevent it from happening again. That could be insecurity on his part.

If you are in a relationship, you should be able to express yourself and ask whatever you want without feeling anxious or confused. Don't text him that question. Let time show what is going on and his actions besides his words.

Edited by Dr Rossi on 6/9/2010 at 2:06 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thankyou for that, yes i will see if his actions match his words. I asked him if he wanted to hang out tonight and he said '' haha we'll see''. It seems like he has got the control and thinks he can see me when it suits him. i didnt reply to that message. When he says things like that it makes me think hes waiting for a better offer rather than to see me. since we arnt fully in a relationship we are just seeing eachother...i hope hes not waiting for somebody better to come along.
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.
You would not gave control if he is waiting for someone else. Rather be clear with him about your expectations and let him realize that you can do as you wish as well.