Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Counselor
Experience:  PHD LPC

My 18 yr old daughter accused my fiance of opening her robe

Customer Question

My 18 yr old daughter accused my fiance of opening her robe to look at her while she was sleeping. He denied it and agreed to take a polygraph. The polygraph says that he is 99% deceptive; yet he is still vehemently denying he did anything wrong. Prior to this, we have had a wonderful relationship of 5 yrs with no other major issues....I'm having a tough time deciding whether to end our relationship or whether to believe him and/or forgive him.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 6 years ago.
Hi and welcome.
If the test came back at 99% I would question his credibility. If everything has been wonderful for five years why would your daughter suddenly find it necessary to accuse him of opening her robe. I am not sure why is would be such a tough decision. This is your daughter, he is a man who violated her privacy, believe it or not, that is your choice. If you decide to forgive him, you will never be completely sure and trust him again. Your daughter will feel you chose him over her and your relationship with her could be damaged permanently.
Please click accept and leave feedback.