Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

I dated this guy for a year back in 1995 only to find out he

I dated this guy for a year back in 1995 only to find out he was married with 3 kids. At that point I had fell in love. I continued the relationship for a year and then ceased because of his marrige. We remained friends thoughout the years and in 2006 another relationship fell through with another guy because I caught him cheating. I turned once agian to the married man but I told him it would not last again beacuse he was already taken. After a few months he moved out of his house and filed for divorce. I allowed him to move in with me and after 2 years the divorce is settled. He always told me that he could never start to plan a future with me if he didn't have closure with his divorce yet. He got the final decree on 5/7 and has yet to mention marriage or a future with me. I have opened my home to his 3 (now teenage daughters) as well as his family. My family constantly asks "when will we tie the knott". He hasn't even asked. Do you think he will?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Evening,

Give him some time (to feel that his divorce had actually taken place not only literally but to register it emotionally) He may have been burned out from the whole ordeal and mentioning of marriage now can seem stressful. You have known each other for a while and fell in love again with one another. Rushing into signing papers won't change how you feel about each other. As you may have seen, being married does not provide any more security of fidelity. Just let things settle, make some short term goals with him of what you would like to do next and take it from there.