Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

my long distance girlfriend works a lot and I told her I understand

my long distance girlfriend works a lot and I told her I understand this and are comfortable with not talking 24/7...these couple of days she's been very busy and today we only talked for 10 minutes, when she said she was going to call me back she send me a txt saying she went out to work and would text me when she could...even though I understand this I don't want her to think that it's only going to be possible to talk when she cans, that she has to make an effort...she tells me she loves me but in the last messages there was no I love you or anything, when I asked if something was wrong since she seemed weird, she said that everything was normal...what could I do to keep my value and not let her think that it's all me who has to make the effort, basically I want her to miss me also, not to think I'm always there...maybe i could be over thinking stuff and that doesn't helps, should i try being not available always for her for a couple of days to see if she takes action or tell her?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Morning,

It may be necessary for you to go ahead with your plan to let her make the next move. She may have become too comfortable with the fact that you would always be available.

In order for any relationship to work out, both partner have to contribute to it. If you are giving more than 50% and she does not reciprocate, you would burn out. You've already noticed that affection is missing from her conversations with you. It is hard to keep up with a long distance relationship but not impossible.

It all depends on what each partner expects of the other and what sort of a relationship they a re willing to work on having.

Edited by Dr Rossi on 6/6/2010 at 12:53 PM EST