Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Counselor
Experience:  PHD LPC
14832673

i am dating a married man. he told me a year ago that he wanted

i am dating a married man. he told me a year ago that he wanted to end his marriage and be with me. he has done nothing so far to end it, instead tells me he is letting things 'add up' until he is ready to do it and i beleive the reason he hasn't is because he's pretty passive aggressive and he doesnt sincerely XXXXX XXXXX to do it. should i wait? this is the worst situation to get into and i am always thinking should i stop (i really don't want to, i love this man) and move on and then go back to thinking of how great we get along and should give him some time.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 4 years ago.
Hi, If he were going to leave his wife and marry you he would have done it. He hasn't because he doesn't want to and he isn't passive aggressive, he is married. You break up with him and see what he does. Don't see him, don't talk to him and you'll find out in short time if he really means what he says. You are wasting your time and you deserve to have a relationship with someone who is honest and available.
Please click accept and leave feedback.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
is it really that simple? it doesn't feel like it
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 4 years ago.
Hi, From where you stand, no of course it's not simple. You feel in love with a married man. I have been in this "business" for many years and I can tell you, if they say they are leaving and don't in a year then they aren't. If there are children involved they are even more "stuck" and the big one.. Why would he leave when he has the best of both worlds? A wife who he doesn't have to be responsible for "alimony" and a lover who is a believer in him and loves him. This is pretty common and if you can look at it objectively you can see how simple it is, however when it's you and you really love him, it's hard. Another point, what makes you think that he wouldn't cheat on you if you do get married. Men like him aren't to be trusted. I know that isn't what you want to hear. I can't candy coat a situation where a man (or woman) cheats.
Please click accept and leave feedback.
Dr. Keane, Counselor
Experience: PHD LPC