Dr.G.
Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota
15682972

i have aparticularly emotionally painful relationship with

i have aparticularly emotionally painful relationship with my parents.thay give me no praise or encouragement as well as no atttention.i long for love and i want to be at pesce with my parents before thy die. do you have any suggestions?
Are you expecting something from your parents that they cannot give? Why do you think they are like that?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes you are right i am expecting something from my parents they can not give,for example my mother did not get love from her mothersoi think she does not know how to love and my father is a marine with no emotion and is not capaple to relate to me because i am very emotional and a artist
You have two choices in the matter. 1) Tell them how you feel and what you need from them. They may or may not respond to your wishes. 2) You accept the fact that they are not the kind of parents you need and accept that they cannot show you love on your terms but maybe they show love in other ways. And then you have to find love and respect from somebody that can give it to you.