Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Counselor
Experience:  PHD LPC

I am almost 3 months into dating a divorced man and am also

I am almost 3 months into dating a divorced man and am also a recent divorcee. He is still going through a lot of emotational worries even though he seems to really like me. We both have kids that have met on a few occassions. The only thing is that whenever I try to have a semi-serious talk with him, he tells me he is just not sure what he wants in his life right, now?? Is that my clue to back off??
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 6 years ago.
Hi, in one word? absolutely. I am sure he likes you but he doesn't want or isn't ready to take on a serious relationship. He has been through a divorce and has children, you know what that is like and some handle it better than others. If you back off he will not only appreciate it because it is one less worry for him, you can still maintain a good relationship, just not as committed as you want it to be. Unless you are in a rush to remarry, or be committed to someone for whatever reason just try and enjoy what you have now and let the future take care of itself.
Please click accept and leave feedback.