Angela
Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a
25365872

Me and My girlfreind broke up, it was me who broke up with

Me and My girlfreind broke up, it was me who broke up with her, cuz i felt that she was acting different and it hurts so much cuz we ve been together for 3 years and 8 months and i know that she is the one but she says that she wants to be single and do her..i dont want to lose her because she still loves me, and i know that she's confused i dont know what to do!! i need help!
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 4 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

You could try talking to her once again in this manner: Try to arrange a time when the two of you can be alone and will not be disturbed, maybe go to the park for a walk together or even for a quick bite to eat. During this time, tell her that you are sorry for breaking up with her and tell her why you broke up with her and discuss this with her. Then ask her why she wants to be single and if there is any way for the two of you to try having your relationship again? Ask her what it would take to be able to have a relationship again.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i tried to take her out but she said maybe its best for us to not talk or see each other, she said that she loves me so much adn always will, but everybody keeps telling me to fight for her because i know were meant to be and she knows that and i believe shes making the biggest mistake of her life
Expert:  Angela replied 4 years ago.
Based on this, I recommend giving her a little time and space to herself without any communication from you and then after she has had some time and space without communication from you, then reach out to her once again and attempt to have the above conversation that I suggested. I would suggest giving her at least a week to herself because you have made it clear to her how deeply you still feel about her so give her some time to herself to think about all that you have told her and to thinking about your relationship. If you don't give her a little space it could backfire on you and hinder whatever potential chance you have of getting back into a relationship with her.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i'm so afraid of losing her though, i really am and that is what's bothering me so much, i don't want to be replaced by another person and i don't want her to stop loving me...at all
Expert:  Angela replied 4 years ago.

I completely understand, however, I think you should give her some space as she suggested to you because again if you don't give her that space you may hinder any chances....You could let her know that you want to give her the space that she wants and that you would like to contact her in a week.....this way she will be fully aware of what you are doing and why you are doing it. Of course, if she wants to contact you before a week is up, she will be able to do so.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what if she doesnt want to meet up in a week?
Expert:  Angela replied 4 years ago.
I suggest asking her can you call her in a week and then talk to her first (-casually talk to her: hi what's been going on). Then if that goes well ask her could you meet with her and then take it from there.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
because she just told me today that she doesnt really want to hear from me at all and she wants no contact at all,i guess i just have to give her time until she realizes what shes doing right? i believe shes making the biggest mistake.
Expert:  Angela replied 4 years ago.
Yes based on all that we discussed, you should give her time right now and then contact her later. Try giving her the week without contact starting right now and then after a week of no contact then ask if she will meet with you to talk. If she says no, then give her more time and then try again. But don't ask her more than once to meet with you after you have given her time and space. So if she says no after you wait one week, then give her a couple more weeks of no contact and then ask her only once again if she will meet. Maybe during her times of no contact with you she will change her mind and agree to meet\talk to you.
Angela, Counselor
Experience: n/a