Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a

if you find a girl you really hit it off with, in terms of

if you find a girl you really hit it off with, in terms of having a lot in common. When you let her know you like her more than a friend, but she doesn't feel the same way, should you still keep the friendship or go ahead and break her heart?
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

You should keep the friendship if you can do so without it causing you mental and emotional pain due to you caring about her as more than just a friend. If you find that the friendship is causing you mental and emotional pain then you should take some time and distance yourself from her until you are able to be friends with her without the friendship causing you mental and emotional pain.