Angela
Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a
25365872

I have a 5 month long distance relationship with my girlfriend.

I have a 5 month long distance relationship with my girlfriend. I visit her every 3 weeks and each time is different. She recently started working on a very time consuming job so we don’t talk as much as we used to. We send texts during the day and answer them when we have time, sometimes a brief phone call during nights just to say hi. On weekends we talk some more on the phone so we know about each others week. She has said to me on occasions that I’m going to get tired of not talking to her all day or of her not being able to give me that much attention. I’m calmed and have no problem since I trust her and love her. When I asked if she loved me and wanted to stay in a relationship with me, she answered yes so I told her that was everything that mattered. On my last trip she was very very busy and couldn’t be with me all time and she felt bad because she had to work and couldn’t give me more time with her. One night she even asked me if I wanted for her to change jobs but si
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 4 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

I understand what you have written, what question may I answer for you?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Are these things she says her own insecurities? How can I show her that I'm into this no matter the distance. What do you think of what you've read?
Expert:  Angela replied 4 years ago.
I don't think it has anything to do with her feeling insecure, instead I think it is based on her not being able to spend time with you as she desires which of course makes her feel bad because women innately are made to be nurturers. Therefore, she obviously cares about you and your relationship but is unable to spend time as she desires with you which makes her feel bad and frustrated. As long as you continue to be there for her she will know that you are in it for the long term. Continue to be loving and supportive of her as you have been doing. When the two of you plan to spend time together, do something really nice, relaxing, and romantic such as going to the park for a picnic for example. I think the two of you will get through this together as long as you both remain committed to each other.
Angela, Counselor
Experience: n/a