Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a

hello I met a 28 year old girl who is widowed with 2 kids (girl

hello I met a 28 year old girl who is widowed with 2 kids (girl 7 and boy 3)her husband comited suicide 2 years ago.iv been seeing her for the last 3 months and nearly talking on the phone every day.iv met her kids family and friends and she has met mine.We have enjoyed each others company and we have been sleeping looking for a long term relationship and she told me that we havnt formed any kind of relationship yet and she dosnt know what she is looking for.We both havnt been seeing anyone or sleeping with any one else in the time we have known each other.she does live a busy life bringing up 2 young kids on her own and i understand that and i prepared to be with her and help her just confused where i stand with her should i be patient with her untill she knows what she wants or should i just move on.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

Your female friend is more than likely still grieving and dealing with the loss of her husband committing suicide (-regardless of whether it was a happy or unhappy marriage) which is probably why she can not commit to you on any level at the moment. She will need to go through the stages of grief before she is able to be fully available in another relationship. Click here to read more about the stages of grief. I think that you should give her more time and continue to enjoy your relationship in its current state. If you choose to move on you could be missing out on the best woman for you, therefore, you could choose to give her more time and then at a later time you could also choose to move on if she is still not ready to commit.