Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
19260254

All of my relationships have ended in me being cheated on &

All of my relationships have ended in me being cheated on & heartbroken. What can I do to prevent guys from cheating on me? Also, what can I do to show a guy that I'm wife or girlfriend material? For some reason I have a really hard time getting a guy to commit. What can I do to move along the process?
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 7 years ago.

Good Evening,

One of the first things to do is to figure out the reason behind being attracted to a certain type of men.

Generally, if there is a past disappointment by a male figure (early in life) on a subconscious level, you may be trying to remedy the situation by reacting it (when drawn to that kind of men)

Examine (make a list, journal down, meditate upon this, etc) if there had been an important male figure such as a first boyfriend, father, teacher, guardian, etc. who in some way had rejected you in the past. It is a hypothesis only that your subconscious mind had made a mental map of the scenario and of the man and is trying to correct it in the present (with the new men you are attracted to)

A man who respects his girlfriend/wife/partner will not cheat. Respect is one of the keys to that. The other factors are fidelity, moral mind set of the individual, what he wants out of a relationship with you, etc.

Bibliotherapy suggestion

Emotional Unavailability : Recognizing It, Understanding It, and Avoiding Its Trap by Bryn C. Collins (Paperback)