Dr.G.
Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota
15682972

Met my boyfriend a year ago just after he seperated from his

Met my boyfriend a year ago just after he seperated from his wife. in february we argued and he said he couldnt give me what i wanted etc. but since then we have carried on (physical relationship is almost non existent). went on holiday together last month and see each other alot. we dont talk alot about feelings, as whenever we has he still says im his best friend and loves me but does not feel he can give me what i want. although he does show strong signs of jealousy if i look at a man or someone shows me interest.and has argued with me about it.
he has a 5 and 7yr old from ex wife and sees them regularly but they are his life and he says they and his older daughter from previous relationship are most important to him. his son calls him every hour when not at school and seems insecure.
my question is, am a being silly by holding on hoping things will grow more between us, or should i leave him?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 6 years ago.
Lucky you. It is a rarity to have a man actually tell his partner what he feels. This man has told you on several occasions that he cannot give you what you need. His children are a priority in his life and you will take the back seat. I don't know what more this man has to tell you before you realize that it is time to move on. It seem s pretty clear to me that he is giving you the "out" of this relationship. Take it and run.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks for the straightforward answer. problem is that i did try running, but he pulled me back and because of how i feel, i went easily! maybe i am just blind! in your experience, can things ever work in these situations?
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 6 years ago.
It can work if you like the push and pull of the relationship and not being priority number one in his life. Seems to me like too much work for a relationship and it would be easier to find a man that can provide the things you need.