Angela
Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a
25365872

My girlfriend had a miscarriage 3 weeks ago. She lives in south

My girlfriend had a miscarriage 3 weeks ago. She lives in south carolina and i live in north carolina. Our communication became distant and when we do talk, she doesnt express her feelings about the situation. She became more sensitive when i ask her if there is anything wrong. She told me she is feeling crazy and im not helping her out. All i do is try to comfort her and now we are on a break. What can I do, I know this hurts her and it was her second miscarriage
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

The best thing is to continue to be supportive to her as you have been doing, however, don't ask her things like "what is wrong" given that she had a miscarriage asking her that probably has caused her more pain because it will take her time to deal with this huge loss and tremendous pain. Therefore, say things to her like, I want you to know that I am here for you. Is there anything that you would like me to do for you? Also, when the time is appropriate, you could ask her if she would like to go to a support group to help her as she deals with this tremendous pain and loss and you could also offer to go with her. If counseling is an option, this would be a great choice for her, especially since this is her 2nd miscarriage. I would recommend a counselor who specializes in grief and bereavement. As she continues to grieve, she will need to go through the stages of grief to help her deal with this tragedy. Click here to read more about the stages of grief.