Jennifer
Jennifer, School Psychologist
Experience:  Extensive experience fostering family relationships through consultation / counseling.
30853534

I have what if feel is a bad breathe issue, which I have asked

I have what if feel is a bad breathe issue, which I have asked my husband to confirm, and he says no. However, when I get close to him or around other people he rubs his nose. I feel this is a confirmation. He does not want to tell me, so I won't be paranoid about it. If someone will not confirm it to you, what do you do to really find out. I have discussed with him when he does this it makes me uncomfortable. What should be my next step with him regarding this as well.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jennifer replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Justanswer.com!

If you suspect this is an issue, you can do what you can to mask the problem temporarily (gum, mints, breath spray) on a regular basis or speak with your doctor about what options exist to address the problem from a medication standpoint. He/she would likely give you an honest response as to whether this is truly a problem as well.

I wouldn't take your husband's behavior of rubbing his nose as confirmation as this could be for any number of reasons. Revisit the discussion with him and tell him how uncomfortable you are about not knowing. Ask him to be very honest with you about it and tell him that you need to know for sure to know what steps need to be taken (if any). Hopefully that will allow him to feel like he can be honest with you. If he thinks it will only make you paranoid, remind him that you already are! His honest response will serve to alleviate your concerns or confirm that you need to do something about it.