Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a

I have been dating a girl for a year as of next week. we have

I have been dating a girl for a year as of next week. we have a great relationship and get along very well. When we first met and dated for a while we had sex and i had a problem getting an erection. Since then i have gone to specialists and doctors to try and fix my problem. I started taking viagra and am able to have sexual relations. But she feels it is too much work and she does not enjoy doing it because of this. we have sex about once a month and that is not enough for me. We are talking about spliting up because of this. I feel there has to be some passion in a relationship but there is none. We are best friends and i would be very sad to see us break up because of something as trivial as this.

Please give me some advise as to what we should do, go on from here or say goodbye?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

Based upon the many conversations you both have had about this issue along with not being able to move pass it as you desire, it may be a good idea to take sometime apart or to break up especially since she stated that she feels it is to much work and you stated there is no passion. Additionally, in a relationship, both parties have to be willing to work on the issues and to agree on compromises that you both feel good about, however, it sounds as if you both have repeatedly tried this and have not been able to find common ground. This is why I suggest considering taking some time apart from each other or to completely break up.