Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

after 32 years of marriage my husband has decided that he wants

Customer Question

after 32 years of marriage my husband has decided that he wants a divorce becasue he needs to learn to be on his own and that he is no longer in love with me
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 6 years ago.
GO about what? changing his mind?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes, convincing him that throwing away 32years of marriage is not fair that we should give try working at it. Like I said he is still at home AND UNTIL yesterday was spending time here event hough we were not like a married couple more like friends. He tells our lawyer that there he fells nothing for me as a woman he loves but is not in love with me. Yes I want to get advice on how to make him see that we ca try to take this work
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 6 years ago.
Well you have to ask him his reasons for wanting to leave. Maybe it is him, maybe it is you. Once the two of you sit down and discuss his concerns and complaints then maybe the two of you can get to work fixing them. If and only if he wants to make it work. Begging him is not going to work. Maybe it is too late, I don't know. But the only way to work on this is to know what is bothering him. Then maybe the two of you can work on it together or maybe you need marriage counseling. But like I said, it will not work unless his heart is in it.