Angela
Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a
25365872

i am a 48 year old woman and my husband is 66 and he has lost

Customer Question

i am a 48 year old woman and my husband is 66 and he has lost his sex drive but what is more hurtful is he doesnt show me any affection he says he doesnt know why and he still loves me he can still get erections but says he just doesnt want sex but why should this stop him from giving me a kiss and a cuddle?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

There are many factors that could be contributing to your husband's lack of affection and lost of sex drive. Based on what you have written, I would recommend asking him to go see his primary care doctor to discuss this issue. Certain medications and/or health problems could cause him to have a low sex drive and lack of affection. Also if he has a hormonal imbalance with his testosterone this could also cause him to have a low sex drive and lack of affection. Therefore, it is best to ask him to go to his primary care doctor and discuss this issue including the above possible reasons for it occurring in order to begin to attempt to resolve it.