Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a

My husband tells me hell be home and then I have to call him

Customer Question

My husband tells me he'll be home and then I have to call him 4 hours later to see where he is. He is usually out drinking with his friends. I get upset and he says I'm over reacting. He says going out 7 days a week is normal and I should get over it. Is that normal?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

Your husband is wrong for telling you that he will be coming home and then going out to drink with his friends. It is okay for him to be with his friends, however, he needs to be respectful and honest with you about when he wants to do this. It is not okay for him to do this 7 days a week if the two of you have not agreed on this. In your own words, explain the above to him and then tell him that you would like for the two of you to agree on a compromise in reference to how often he goes out with his friends during the week. Discuss this with him and ensure that he understands that you want him to have fun with his friends, but 7 days a week is to much for you since you also desire to spend time with him. Agree to a compromise that you both can feel good about.