Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
19260254

Im in the Royal Air Force and I started going out with my

Customer Question

I'm in the Royal Air Force and I started going out with my Sgt's daughter 2 months ago now. He has no problem with this infact he is over the moon as we get on really well. When we first got together I decided that I would take things slowley with her as I did not want her to think I'm only after one thing. As I really like her, infact Ive really never felt so strongly about somone before.

Around 3 weeks ago we were just coming out of the pub with some mates and we were very drunk. She started asking me why I don't want sex with her, I told her I felt the relationship would have more chance of working if we took things slowly. A week later when we got back to my room, we were about to have sex then she started saying things like, she is worried that she will be no good in bed and I will leave her, she was scared. I just told her that there is nothing to worrys about and we will wait untill she is ready. But now a further 2-3 weeks down the line she pushes me away.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Morning,

You've mentioned that about 2 months ago you started going out with her. In the last 2-3 weeks she's pushing you away? It would be important to know the reason you believe that she pushing you away.

Do you think she is no longer interested, her father may had said something to her, or she is trying to take things slower? Is she a virgin or has she been hurt by a boyfriend?

Women would like to be chased/to feel desirable (yet not brought to the bed right away)

At this time you may want to focus on making her feel special and safe.

Think of ways to show her that you are serious (do not appear overly eager or desperate or too available) Try to engage in things that both of you like and do things that both of you have in common. Not at the pub necessarily.

Edited by Dr Rossi on 5/7/2010 at 11:40 AM EST