Angela
Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a
25365872

I was seeing this girl for about 2 months and everything was

Customer Question

I was seeing this girl for about 2 months and everything was going great. We had fun and talked all the time, her kids liked me and i liked them. About 2 weeks ago we couldnt wait to get together and do something fun with her kids. That evening she got papers from her ex husband saying that he wanted joint custidy of the kids after 5 years. She was upset and I was trying to be supportive but 4 days later she sent a text to say that she was breaking up with me and that she wanted to do things with just her and the kids and she didnt want a relationship or a boyfriend. I still love her but I havent heard from her since the text. I want to know if you think she will want me back after the court case is over?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 7 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

Based on what you have written, it sounds as if after she gets through this devastating blow from her ex husband, that she would be able to focus on your relationship again. Due to the devastating news about joint custody, she naturally feels overwhelmed and as a result she wants to spend every second only with her kids which is understandable. She also may think that her case would appear even stronger to the judge if she is able to honestly tell him that she does not have a boyfriend. She knows how you feel about her and when she is ready and able to, I believe she will reach out to you, but it will take some time for her to deal with this detestation. Additionally, depending on the results of the court case, it may take even longer for her to get through this and to be able to think about anyone else other than her children.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Well after 3 weeks with no word I finally asked her best friend what was going on with the girl that I loved and court. She told me that she got roses from her ex boyfriend over the last week end and they are re engaged. This is the guy who choked her youngest in front of her and that is why she broke it off over a year ago.
Expert:  Angela replied 7 years ago.
If the friend is being honest and truthful, then that is really sad and so unfair on many, many levels to you. If this is true, then you should without question leave her behind and begin to move on because you deserve far better than this.