Angela
Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a
25365872

My husband is happily married but goes on dating sites pretending

Customer Question

My husband is happily married but goes on dating sites pretending to be single yet just lies to other women there and doesn't take it past online or phone meaningless conversations. Why and how do I deal with this. I'm ready for divorce.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

Based on your husband's continual disregard for your feelings and lack of respect for you, you could present him with an ultimatum to go to counseling with you to work through this issue. He needs to be accountable for how he has been hurting you and disrespecting you in this area. Therefore, if he is not willing to go to counseling with you, then you could consider leaving him because he has blatantly chosen to continue his disrespectful and painful behavior towards you for many years. You deserve to be treated with value and respect and he needs to be accountable for his behavior and to begin to do the work necessary in counseling to repair the damage he has caused to your marriage. If he is not willing to do this, then he is not worthy of being married to you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did just what you suggested. My husband agreed to go to counseling. We'll see if it works. When he was required to participate in counseling before it never worked because he didn't want to be there and just pretended making progress. Here's hoping.
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
If counseling does not work this time do to your husband not fully participating, then you would have done everything possible to save your marriage. If you choose to separate from him, hopefully, knowing that you did everything possible to save your marriage would bring you some comfort as you move forward in your life without him in it. Again, if he is not willing to be accountable for his behaviors and for how they have hurt you and your marriage, then he does not deserve to be married to you; you deserve far better.