Jennifer
Jennifer, School Psychologist
Experience:  Extensive experience fostering family relationships through consultation / counseling.
30853534

Can you please tell me the quickest and/or easiest way to get

Can you please tell me the quickest and/or easiest way to get over depression from recent bad happenings?

Thank you sincerely
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jennifer replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Justanswer.com!

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling depressed. Can you tell me more about what's happened to make you feel this way?

Have you been clinically diagnosed with depression?

As soon as I have more info, I'd be happy to provide some guidance or send this question to the appropriate place for mental health advice if needed. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you Ma'am,

Besides losing my job in December, my daughter (who lives with her mom) is extremely obsitnate and doesn't understand that she can't spend money like she did when I was working (even though she still does and it's extremely hard to tell her no). I'm finally trying to generate some income and was on my way to make a business proposal (as I am trying to start my own business) today and I got a speeding ticket so I just didn't go to the appointment because it really messed up my attitude and I just knew I would not have received what I went there to accomplish. So I need to put all this pressure aside and try to get mentally fit again so that I can generate some income. I was going to schedule counseling with some Dr.'s, certified counselors, etc...on my insurance list and when I read the disclosure statement it said all information would be disclosed to my insurance company so I didn't go because I know the only possible reason my insurance company could want to know my business is to find a way to exclude me from coverage. So I'm blogging with you guys hoping to get some advice. Comfort foods, exercise, and movies seem to be helping but I was thinking about maybe seeing a hypnotist, although when I went to see one in the early 90's after breaking up with my girlfriend, the therapy didn't work and he just basically just gave me valium and probably should have prescribed me zanex. So if there is anything you might could recommend I would greatly appreciate it. Some say sex is the best remedy but I don't currently have a wife or girlfriend but might could see a (sex) therapist if my insurance would cover it. Please let me know if you have any proven methods as I grealy appreciate it.

Thank you sincerely

Expert:  Jennifer replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry to hear you're going through all of this... I'd first suggest you sit down and speak with your daughter. I don't know how old she is, but at any age it's OK to explain that sometimes we have to be more careful with money and make sure we're only spending on the things we need versus things we want (you may have to explain the difference). Explain that this doesn't mean you love her any less, just that you'll be finding other ways to demonstrate love other than gifts. Perhaps the two of you can come up with that list together -- things such as picnic lunches, borrowing a good book (if she's older), playing a game or watching a movie at home together, etc.

As for the counseling, you should know that the fine print you read does NOT include what you share with your counselor. That information is confidential and your counselor knows to safeguard the contents of your counseling sessions. Feel free to contact them to verify this and ask specifically what information would be shared with your insurance company. It does sound like counseling could be helpful for you. I'd suggest you begin with the list of providers through your insurance to see if there are any that may be a good fit. You could also ask your physician for a referral to someone he/she believes may be helpful.

In the meantime, continue watching movies you enjoy, exercising, and try to eat healthy foods (with occasional comfort foods in moderation since those tend to be less healthy). Make a point to schedule activities you enjoy, spend time with people who make you feel good, get plenty of rest and get some fresh air every day. You may find that keeping a journal will help you to sort through all of the stressors you have in your life and the feelings you're experiencing. You could also use your journal to revisit your business plan and begin outlining steps you need to take to get everything started. Looking at your plans one step at a time will make them much less overwhelming. Call on those you rely on for suppport if you need someone to talk, need help getting a project done, or simply want some company. I wish you the best of luck!
Jennifer, School Psychologist
Experience: Extensive experience fostering family relationships through consultation / counseling.