Jennifer
Jennifer, School Psychologist
Experience:  Extensive experience fostering family relationships through consultation / counseling.
30853534

Wife has been acted distant. We havent had sex now in about

Customer Question

Wife has been acted distant. We havent had sex now in about a month, which is a long time for us. I talked about coming and having lunch with her friday, usually shes happy about it, but now she says she doesnt know, might have a meeting. When I try to initiate something, she says shes not in the mood. When I ask if anythings wrong, she says no. Something is up, but shes not talking. Not sure where to go from here right now
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jennifer replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Justanswer.com!

I'm sorry to hear she's been acting distant. You're doing the right thing by trying to talk to her, but for whatever reason she's not ready to talk about what's going on.

Continue being supportive and inviting her to do things together. You may even try to spark things with a weekend away, although I wouldn't recommend springing it as a surprise. Do the legwork so the idea isn't overwhelming then present her with the plan -- a few days to relax, reconnect, and get away from it all.

If she's still not opening up (or is unwilling to go away for a weekend), you could approach the topic again and frame it positively -- "I love you and I want you to be happy... I need your help to understand what's going on." Hopefully that will open the door for a healthy, honest discussion. Tell her what you're feeling, ask her to share her feelings, and then share with each other what you both want to happen next. You'll need to work together to brainstorm how you can get to that place together. I wish you the best of luck!