Jennifer, School Psychologist
Experience:  Extensive experience fostering family relationships through consultation / counseling.

Hey I recently started to do ONLINE dating sites. I have had

Hey I recently started to do ONLINE dating sites. I have had decent responses from girls (replying to me first) such as hi, sent me flirts, and we should chat sometime,etc. but whenever I ask them if they want to chat I never get a reply back. But even after I emailed them and got no reply they still tend to check out my profile even though I know they have already looked at it before they first emailed me.My question is how can I take this one step further and get them to chat/talk with me without coming across like a jerk to them. I am just wondering because some of them have checked out my profile quite a bit and i wouldn't mind starting to chat with them and hopefully start up a relationship. I don't know if they are shy or what it is I would just like to know if they are interested in me or not and what to say to them to get them to chat/talk with me. Like I said some of them have cheked out my profile multiple times after I emailed them. This is a pay date site so it cost to be on it every month and also the girls have pictures of themselves on there profile so i don't believe they are fake.and also some of them also add me as a contact on there list. But still I would like to begin talking to them. I am also not ugly by any means and my picture I have on my profile reflects this. Please help
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jennifer replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using!

How much time is passing between the initial contact and your request to chat?? Perhaps it's too soon? You might try waiting a few days to a week before making that request to see if that helps. Also take a look at what you're writing in the e-mails... Is it too forward? Too much pressure? Anything that might scare someone off? I'd recommend you keep them brief... A sincere compliment and an invitation to chat sometime. If she replies, try to be yourself -- If you have a great sense of humor, show her that. If you're passionate about something, let that come through. The idea is to try to convey your most attractive qualities without coming on too strong. In the beginning, keep it light-hearted, fun, and make her laugh. I hope that helps!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So when they ask me to chat I should reply by emailing them general questions and stuff like that(hoping they reply) before I asking them to chat
Expert:  Jennifer replied 6 years ago.
Yes. Not too many and nothing too personal at first. Just easy "get to know you" type questions. Favorite places to eat? What kind of music / movies do you enjoy? You could also ask questions about what you learned from their profile (shows you checked it out and want to know more about them) -- How long have you been a (occupation) and what's a typical day like for you? Offer a little about yourself with each of these questions as well. E-mails seem much safer in a lot of ways when you're putting yourself out there. Try exchanging e-mails for a week or so before you suggest a chat. See if that helps...