Dr.G.
Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota
15682972

Hello, I have been married for 13 years. This is my second

Hello, I have been married for 13 years. This is my second marriage, I have 3 children from previous marriage and one that is my current husband's child from his first marriage. I am his 3rd wife. His other 2 marriages only last 1 yr. Our relationship is not good at this moment. I think my husband has anger problems, he can be the sweetiest person and by an insignificant issue turn into a mean person. I call him Dr. Jekins and Mr. Hyde.
When he is mad says horrible things to me or my children. Our older kids do not live with us, she is 23 and the other 22. Am I in a emotional abuse relation?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 6 years ago.
Sure you are in an emotionally abusive relationship. You don't need someone else to tell you that. He needs to go to counseling to get help managing his anger. You need help standing your ground and not tolerating him treating you like that. If you excuse his behavior then he will continue treating you this way. If you stand up to him and tell him you will not accept that behavior in your house or towards you then he may stop.