Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a

my boyfriend that is currently going through a 2nd divorce

my boyfriend that is currently going through a 2nd divorce says he like me respects me but dose not love me he stays with me 7 days a week he went back home and his parents advised him to stop seeing me because from what he says they said why stay with this woman if you dont love her before he went back home he was talking about moving in together he said to see each other less but he has not adjusted to that change still stays with me 7 days a week he tells his best friend he like me respects me but does not love me dont know what to do he said he is damaged his heart can not beat is it me
what shall i do walk away or wait until he heals
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

Your friend needs time to get through this second divorce and time to heal before he could even possibly be available to you 100% mentally and emotionally. I am glad that he has been honest with you about his feelings so that you are not being misled. You have to decide whether you will be comfortable continuing living together as friends. For example, if you care about him in a manner that is greater than being friends, think about if you will be able to live with him as just friends? Will this cause you pain mentally and emotionally? The above questions are the types you should think about when you can be alone and undisturbed in order for you to decide what is the best action for you to take for your mental and emotional well being.