Jennifer
Jennifer, School Psychologist
Experience:  Extensive experience fostering family relationships through consultation / counseling.
30853534

Im really trying to understand my ex,we have broken up for

Im really trying to understand my ex,we have broken up for 2 years and we are still talking and hanging out. He still says he is not ready for married etc... I have been trying to move on but Im not having any luck. I have been trying to meet someone online,its not working out,no dates. I really dont want to to go out to a bar. I really do still love my ex and I really dont know what to do anymore. I even asked him if he wanted to try again and he didnt really give me an answer,well we didnt get to finish talking. I dont want to chase him,I just wanted to tell him how I felt from my heart. what should I do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jennifer replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Justanswer.com!

Sounds like you need to finish the conversation you began with him. Revisiting your talk wouldn't be chasing him. You'd simply be trying to determine which direction you need to go. Either he's interested and you can try to be together again, or he's not ready (still) and it's time to move on.

Bars certainly aren't the only place to meet people. Nor do you have to meet people online. Have you tried joining a volunteer organization to do some work in the community? Parks and recs classes, community college classes, recreational clubs, and sports leagues are also great ways to meet new people that have common interests. Even if you don't meet someone you are attracted to romantically, you may meet someone who tells you they have the perfect brother / friend / neighbor they want you to meet.

Be open and honest with your ex about how you feel and what you're looking for. Tell him you hope he'll be honest with you as well because you don't want to waste time waiting for him if it's just not going to happen. By the way, good for you for initiating this conversation! That takes courage. It will be a little scary to bring it back up again, but worth the results to find out if you have a future or at the very least to get some closure and know what you need to do next.
Jennifer, School Psychologist
Experience: Extensive experience fostering family relationships through consultation / counseling.