How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Angela Your Own Question

Angela, Counselor
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 681
Experience:  n/a
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
Angela is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I have been together for twenty six years and

Customer Question

My husband and I have been together for twenty six years and he says that he is no longer in love with me, however he does care about me and only loves me as a friend. What can I do, I don't want to loose him. I am still in love with him. Pleas help
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

Based on what you have written, you could try doing intimacy exercises to see if he will once again have romantic feelings towards and maybe eventually fall in love with you again. Here is a book that you could buy which gives details about the exercises, click here
Also, you could check your local library to see if it has a copy available for free check out. Additionally, be sure to treat him in the way that you want to be treated. For example: be extra nice to him and do things that you know he really likes such as making his favorite meal, surprising him with tickets to an event he really wants to go to, and etc., however, do not belittle or degrade yourself in anyway. Be sure to verbally tell him and show him how much you love him and still desire him. You can also read this article for additional ideas and tips for getting your husband to fall in love with you again, click here. Lastly, since the two of you have talked and it did not have the positive results you desired, you could consider going to counseling or even a reputable sex therapist if this is an option that you both are willing to try.

Related Relationship Questions