Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

I dated a man in his late 40s (law enforcement officer) last

Customer Question

I dated a man in his late 40's (law enforcement officer) last year that baffled me. Started out as a complete gentlemen. After dating for 6 weeks he asked me to be exclusive with him. The first nite I saw him physically he asked "is this ok for you". Honestly he was quite small, but of course I said everything was fine. Months went by and all of a sudden I started to get very graphic sexual texts with slang language I found demeaning. Said that was normal to him. The physical part was rough and the things he said he liked to do to please a woman were done rarely, as if they were only words.He eventually told me that he has been called "freaky" in bed, & likes things 2 be different all the time in terms of sex, & that I was just not wild enough 4 him. He has been separated from his wife for 10 years and still lives withl Mom. Also told me that he "required" to be spoken to sexually during all sex acts as he needs that to "get him going". I think there is a problem here. Your thoughts?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 6 years ago.
I don't know if I would read too much into it except that he has a certain fetish that he knows he needs in order to get into the mood. It also could sound like he was doing and saying some things to try and impress you which obviously he has no tact in that department.