Angela
Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a
25365872

It seems that I have finally found the woman of my dreams;

It seems that I have finally found the woman of my dreams; however after 4 weeks of texting back and fourth with mutual and affectionate messages and long conversations with so much in common on our dates she recently said thanks for the friendship. I want to love this woman with all that I am and it seems that it is dying down a bit. The passion is there when we are together and she comments on how much fun we have together. Recently out of the blue she made a comment about being scared that we do have so much in common and that we should slow down for her to get to know me better. What does the phrase friendship in this context mean and why the slowdown if we only see each other in person once a week? She has been married before and so have I. I am by far no expert on relationships but I really care deeply for her and need help before I make the wrong move. If it helps answer the question we are both 40 yrs
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

Based on what you have written, it does sound like she is genuinely interested in you but afraid of moving to fast and getting hurt. Also, it seems that because she likes you this is why she wants to step back and slow things down so that your relationship can continue to grow at an even and steady pace and thereby hopefully causing neither of you two get hurt along the way. It is also possible that she may have previous baggage from her prior relationships which may be scaring her a bit concerning your relationship. I would recommend continuing to enjoy your friendship with her and not to discuss the possible future for the two of you or any other subject such as this until she feels more comfortable with your relationship. Therefore, enjoy your friendship in its current state and continue to respect her wishes.