Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

my ex partner has been seeing another woman and has been lying

my ex partner has been seeing another woman and has been lying to me about it to a certain level. He claims that they have not had sexual relations yet he took her away alone for a weekend camping. I dont believe that nothing sexual had happened due to the fact that 1- he lied about where he went 2- he lied about who he went with. Am I being paranoid and non trusting about this, as that what he says and that he hasnt cheated. Please can you help me? At the time he did this we were still in a relationship.
I am going to give you the no-nonsense approach to this situation. 1) He is a liar and a cheater. 2) If you believe he hasn't cheated then you are severely naive. 3) Because you are not in a relationship with him any longer, therefore, it is none of your business what he does or who he is with. 4) You will never get the answers you are looking for from him so therefore, 5) It is time to move on to someone who will treat you with a little more respect. Good luck.
please click accept