Jennifer, School Psychologist
Experience:  Extensive experience fostering family relationships through consultation / counseling.

From the last 8 years I never find a freind or girfreind, so

Customer Question

From the last 8 years I never find a freind or girfreind, so I feel very bad. I need some help
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jennifer replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using!

What have you tried to meet people so far?? I'd be happy to give you some guidance, but I don't want to tell you to do things you've already done...
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Jennifer replied 6 years ago.
Hello again,

I hope I'm not telling you to do things that you're already doing, but I do have a few suggestions...

In order to meet new people, you need to put yourself in situations where introductions are readily available. Join a volunteer organization, sign up for a community class, or participate in a local sports / recreation group where you're instantly given the opportunity to meet several people at once. You may not find someone you're romantically attracted in that group, but you may meet someone who tells you they have the perfect sister / friend / neighbor they'd like you to meet. Many people opt to try online social networking and dating sites because they know right off the bat that those individuals are looking to meet someone. Some of them (eHarmony, for example) even have extensive surveys to help narrow down the type of people it connects you with based upon your preferences.

Once you meet someone, try to find things you have in common to discuss. Using humor is always a great way to break the ice and generally makes others want to spend more time with you. Be a good listener and show interest by asking clarifying questions when they're speaking. If you find something you both enjoy (e.g., movies, sports, concerts, etc.), invite them to join you in that activity some time. If they accept your invitation, you're on the right track!