Angela
Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a
25365872

what to do when you feel your love is just not enough

Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 4 years ago.
Could you please share a little more so that I can better answer your question? Is the he your significant other? What behavior of his makes you ask this question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
we have been together for 6 years. just lately i am lost for words and can't get it through to him that he has not at all been spending time with me. He has been working alot and then he goes to his moms, plays on the computer and then visits with his male friends and shows up at my place around 11 pm and i am going to be or in bed. he doesnt call me like he use to during the day and alot of times doesnt answer his phone until i call quite a few times. I feel as if we are drifting. It makes me so insecure that i do things that are not me. I m clinging . I am hurting so bad I dont feel loved right now.
Expert:  Angela replied 4 years ago.
I am sorry for this difficult time you are going through. I would recommend scheduling a time to talk to him when you both will be undisturbed (-for example: maybe go to the park, or a restaurant, etc.) and honestly share the above things you have written with him. In a calm and loving tone be sure to let him know how all of this makes you feel neglected, unloved, and very hurt. Then give him a chance to respond. After he responds finish asking each other whatever questions you may have and then let him know that you would like for both of you to come up with a compromise for this concern so that you both can have quality time together. Both of you share possible answers to resolve this concern, for example: maybe scheduling a date night each week for just the two of you, or maybe scheduling a date night in your home for the just the two of you (-no answering the phone, if you have kids send them to grandmas etc.,). Discuss possible options such as the above with each other and decide on a compromise that makes you both feel good. Honesty and communication are two essential ingredients in order for a relationship to continue to grow and remain healthy.
Angela, Counselor
Experience: n/a