Angela
Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a
25365872

My boyfriend claims to be loyal to me but is constantly talking

My boyfriend claims to be loyal to me but is constantly talking to me about other women and how they are always hitting on him. I feel like he has a great need to prove his manhood and uses this avenue to do it. When I confront him, he assures me he will never go out on me. I asked him if this was his way of telling me to get lost. We have had several huge fights over his claim of innocence. I know he lacks emotional intelligents but how can someone be that disconnected from reality. I have consider that my reactions are serving a purpose when he wants to put distance between us.
This problem you are having can be resolved easily by his willingness to sit down and talk to you in a honest manner. Basically, he sounds immature by always talking about other women hitting on him and even more so for inviting other women into your relationship by asking their opinion about what is wrong with you. He needs to act like a mature adult and sit down with you and discuss your problems. I would recommend trying to talk to him one more time in a non-confrontational manner and explain the above to him using your own words and then let him know that you want to discuss the issues that you are both having and that you would like for both of you to compromise in resolving these issues. If he is not willing to act like a mature adult and discuss things with you that pertain to both of him, then is this the guy you want to continue to be with?