Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

my boyfriend and I had been together for nearly 6 years. I

my boyfriend and I had been together for nearly 6 years. I ended the relationship in December because of some deep seated commitment issues on his part. Well, two weeks ago he called me and declared his "undying" love for me. He indicated that he realized that he loved me and didn't want to live without me anymore and was tired of missing me. When we met face to face to talk about getting back together we both decided to "clear the air" I told him that I went out on a date (as did he) but I had not been physically intimate with anyone.

Well, he's now saying that because I broke up with him and dated someone else that he felt like my feelings for him had changed because I wouldn't have done such a thing otherwise. He says that he can't get past me GOING ON A DATE, not being physical, just a date. Now he's saying he has the closure that he needs to move past this relationship although he's deeply hurt because he wanted it to work out.

I feel like he's not being fair, what do you think?
I don't get the double standard either. I think he is being a little irrational on the subject and that both of you ought to call it even and move on repairing your relationship. Don't beg him to be with you. Give him a little time and then contact him and say that both of you need to move past this. If he can't then there is nothing else you can do.