Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a

Hello my name is Lindsay and I have been married for 5 years

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been married for 5 years and I'm having a problem with being negative towards my husband cuz he works long hours and I stay home with the kids. I complain cuz he doesn't spend any time with me or the kids and he says it cuz I'm so negative all the time and I accuse him of cheating alot cuz he is so secretive with his cell phone and would rather go out with his friends then spend time with me and the kids. So I guess my question is how do I stop being so negative and how do I see the positive in things when I don't feel like he wants me there? Should I try and save my marriage or not? Thank you
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
First and foremost please know that it takes two to make a marriage work so your husband's statement to change your ways first and then he will change his ways is backwards. You both need to change the things in your marriage together that you would like to change. You will be able to change seeing the negative in things when your husband makes you feel appreciated and wanted (-again both of you at the same time taking action, thereby causing you both to have a positive cause and effect action on each other). If you are still in love with your husband and you want to try and save your marriage, then go for it, however, he needs to be giving as much as you are in trying to save your marriage. Also, if you decide to save your marriage, then you should both sit down an honestly discuss any and all concerns that you have with each other and come up with compromises that you can both agree to in order to resolve your concerns. Don't allow your husband to blame you for things, each of you should be equally accountable to one another.