Dr.G.
Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota
15682972

This younger guy has been flirting for months, I have ignored

This younger guy has been flirting for months, I have ignored it until recently. i flirt back, getting hot and heavy. Anyway, he starts asking me who i like at work, and mentions certain people. My answer is none of them. He also asked how long I've been divorced and said "if you don't mind me asking" then followed with are me and ex still friends. I don't know why he wants to know. We talk all the time abt things we like to do, read, our interests, he always initiates. Last Saturday night he attempted to ask me out while his friends watched him, he came boldly up to me stopped and didn't say a thing for abt 30 sec went back to friends who were laughing and I heard him say he couldn't do it. Later his friend came up to me and asked "what are you doing to this guy"? laughing and smiling. a few days later I took initiative and asked him myself, he said he was tired, now things have gotten weird and he backed off, I am ignoring him also because I feel rejected, BUT.... he is still trying
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 4 years ago.
You need to ask him directly what his feelings are for you and tell him he is giving you these signals that he likes you but that you don't understand because he backs off. It might be a confidence thing with him. The only way to figure this thing out is to ask him what his intentions are. If he continues to give you mixed signals then you might do best moving on from him.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
He is pretty shy, the other night he came over to me said my name stared at me intensley was quiet then he threw himself on me like he was begging and after 3 sec or so asked me for a smoke. He chases me all over no matter where i go he follows me and asks what i like to do. He said he wants me to be with him on his birthday which is in 4 mos. Told me he liked older women, waited for my reply, at that time I was fending him off, situation seemed ridiculous to me, but I finally gave in to the flirting, winking across the room, rubbing my arm, staring at me. I resisted for 2 mos.
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 4 years ago.
You both sound like a couple of middle school kids playing games with each other. How long are you going to play the game with him???? Who is going to be the adult in this situation and tell the other person what is really going on? Until then keep playing games.
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 4 years ago.
please accept
Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience: Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota