Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

Hi, I read that one of the signs of an unhealthy relationship

I read that one of the signs of an unhealthy relationship is when you have a sigh of relief when they leave the room. In my case, its when I drop her home. I spent a really nice weekend with her but deep down I feel differently. I don't know what that feeling is but after a couple or more days I invariably want to 'have a night to myself'. Yesterday I thought how ugly she looks and how much I am tired of her smoking! I don't know what I'm getting out of this relationship. Now I'm asking the question if there is any point in contacting her again. She wants to come around after work, but for the first time ever I feel so indifferent. I'm sick of the pattern of things. I"m sick of her f**k'n crying. She's probably histrionic. Heres where I get stuck, I dont believe my own feelings or convictions. I just feel drained. Can this shit drive people insane?
I think you need to go with your gut on this one and end the relationship. If you are dating then there is no obligation to continue because YOU ARE JUST DATING. She is not the right one for you. So move on to someone who may be the right one. No reason to put yourself through this torture of being with her. Politely tell her that it is not working out and you want to end it. Then sigh relief.
please accept