Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a

I feel hurt all the time in my marriage. more than ever i have

Customer Question

I feel hurt all the time in my marriage. more than ever i have been married for fifteen years,4 children, and my wife tells me that she loves me. I have lost my job this last year my wife carries the financial burden. and lately the one and only boyfriend she ever had physical relations came into recent conversation witch led to a fight and i am constantly hurt and i don't know why.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Have you tried sitting down and talking with your wife since you had the fight? If not, I would suggest doing so and discuss the reasons why the two of you had a fight about her ex in addition to the obvious reason being that he is her ex and they were previously physical. There is more to the fight than just that, so discuss this with her. Also, you should share with her that you feel hurt all of the time and discuss with her why you feel this way and let her help you. For example: does feeling hurt all of the time stem just from not having a job or does it stem from other reasons as well such as the conversation about her ex? The two of you are a team and you love each other, so discuss these items with each other and work through them together.