Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
19260254

I have been with my fiance for 6 years and Our daughter is

I have been with my fiance for 6 years and Our daughter is now 5 years old. My boyfriend is the greatest man alive, he is happy, positive, works hard, and does everything in his power for me and my daughter. I have depression. I have no desire to get up in the mornings. I'm always late for work and getting her to day care. I never have any energy or the desire to do anything. I dwell on having to clean the house, go to work, etc. He has stepped up and basically runs the household. We have a house together and for years now he is the one who cooks, cleans, and takes care of our child. Yes I love my daughter very much it just takes everything I have to do anything. 2.5 Weeks ago he said he loves and cares about me, but since I'm not happy with myself, no matter what he does I will never be happy, he is just spent and he fell out of love.I feel horrible for pushing him away I didn't realize what I was doing until he was gone.He wont give me a chance and says I have to be strong
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 4 years ago.

Good Evening,

He had left at a bad time for you (that is not very supportive) yet, it is possible that he had just felt overwhelmed (and still loves you and is confusing his burned out feelings w that of being out of love)

The two of you have been together for quite some time. Try to find out if he would be willing to consider couples therapy.

Depression is very treatable condition. You may want to connect with a psychiatrist for medication (if you are not on any) and with a counselor. Your whole perception and energy level will change with the right treatment regime. Why let the depression ruin your life and rob your of someone good as he?

Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience: Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well I have kinda been this person since we have had Madison, so I was good for about 3 months until we had her. Since I was always insecure with myself and never happy I pushed him away. He said he stuck around for 6 years, and each time I would start doing better I would fall back again. He said he just came to terms that I will never change. He has been very stressed out with work as he is getting a General Manager job and been having to travel to take classes etc. He said since he is overwhelmed with everything he is spent and just can't do it anymore. I have been taking depressant pills and have been going to counseling. He didn't want to do counseling because he said I have to work on myself first. I have been doing really well, actually I was so angry and was not supporting his decision to leave that it was tearing me apart. After a few weeks of being able to look back on my life, I learned that what I was doing was not worth it. I only live once so why not make the best of it. For once when I look in the mirror I love myself, I actually thanked him for leaving because it made me be able to look at what I was doing. When I see him often, because of my child, he still sees her everyday, I'm so happy and he said its awkward seeing me happy and I told him to get used to it. I think in order for him to come back he needs time and he needs to see the person I become. I don't want to change for him but I want to be this person regardless. The only problem is that him and my daughter were so close. Since he is staying at his moms house she no longer wants to spend nights with him. She said she will hang out with him but she wants to stay home in her room. She told him he needs to come back home because mommy is doing great. He said if daddy got his own place would you want to spend the night with me and she said no because she wnats us to be a family again. She blames herself because him and I never argued he just always kept things to himself and if we did argue it was about us having different beliefs in what she should and should not do, etc. I have learned that its best to support the other parent in the situation, then after wards when she is asleep to talk about it and come up with a game plan. I have been doing so well I just hope he will one day come back. He means so much to my daughter and I, and I am ashamed I let a good guy like him go.
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 4 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.