Anna
Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.
20023641

For Anna, I wrote you a while back about this professor

For Anna,

I wrote you a while back about this professor that has been interested in me for a year. We had a coffee four weeks ago and there was a real connection, we talked for almost three hours and at the end he blushed and had this wide teary eyes. He emailed me two weeks again from a business trip with a pretext. I started to doubt my feelings so I got someone I work with to email him regarding info we needed. Not sure if he felt hurt that I did not contact him directly. I have not hear from him yet but will see him at social gatherings. I know he was interested, not sure if the fact that I told him that I am divorced with two kids put him off. I rather think that he is still interested but has issues and does not know what to do. He seems very akward on the personal front, has no hobbies, just works. When I phoned him once he was drunk and said that life was terrible. What can I do to help this along without scaring him or is he just not enough into me to get over his inhibitions
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer

He may be interested, but why are you? Here is an awkward guy with no life, and is a drinker as well. It sounds to me like whatever he feels is going to come out sideways in trying to communicate it, and that you're setting yourself up for a problem. I don't know that he has or wants what it takes to get over his inhibitions, but I can tell you that you're not going to be able to fix him. He knows you're there and he knows you've had a connection with him. If he wants to pursue it, he won't let the fact that you had someone else email him.

Be careful with this.

Anna