Jennifer, School Psychologist
Experience:  Extensive experience fostering family relationships through consultation / counseling.

Help my boyfriend of 10 months i finally met stayed with him

Help my boyfriend of 10 months i finally met stayed with him for a few weekends and now he says i annoy him i also found out that i'm pregnant what do i do he doesn't want anything to do with me now because of a mistake in my birthcontrol i made. i didn't know that antibiotics make your birth control not work. I told him bout it now he blames me for this pregnancy what can i do
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jennifer replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using!

First of all, I'm sorry to hear about your predicament. I don't know what you plan to do as far as your pregnancy is concerned, but I would recommend you seek pre-natal care as soon as possible. Resources such as Planned Parenthood can provide care at low cost and would be able to let you know what your options are at this point.

Do you have someone you can trust for emotional support? A friend or family member? This is a difficulty situation and you'll need someone to be able to talk to. I wish your boyfriend could be more understanding of the situation -- it's true that antibiotics decrease the effectiveness of birth control and although this wasn't a planned pregnancy, he's the father and will need to come to terms with that fact. It may take some time, though. I'd encourage you to include in your decision making process when it comes to whatever next steps you might take. He may come around and support you in any way he can. If not, he's obviously not the kind of person you'd want to be with.