Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

I have a boyfriend for 10 months. Im 51; hes 56. I know he

I have a boyfriend for 10 months. I’m 51; he’s 56. I know he really loves me like I really love him. My problem is that I am such a jealous person/so insecure. He gives absolutely no reason to think he looks elsewhere or desires anyone else. I’ve never had anyone treat me as he does. He has several girl friends and e-mails a couple of them EVERY single day and they e-mail him back. He’s had his female friends for years. He e-mails them in front of me, tells me about them, their issues in life. Why can’t I just accept he has these girl friends? Why can’t I get over this? It really kills me and makes me feel sick inside. I know the quickest way to ruin a relationship is lack of trust, jealousy and insecurity. I trust him but yet I feel this way. I hate that females go to him for help or call him and tell him personal stuff. The problem of course is mine, not his. Will counseling help me to find out what it is that makes me feel this way? I just cannot shake my jealousy and ignore this.

Good Afternoon,

you have been able to point to the why factor " I am such a jealous person/so insecure. "

That is why you're having hard time accepting the fact that he has female friends. Couple's counseling and individual counseling can help you sort this out.

You really want to nip this problem in the butt because he may start feeling overwhelmed by your reaction and feel turned off. If he is faithful and you know that his interaction are just friendships, then work on the feelings you've got (those of insecurity and trust issues)

Check out this book -

If This Is Love Why Do I Feel So Insecure? (Mass Market Paperback)

~ Carl G. Hindy Carl G. Hindy (Author) Visit Amazon's Carl G. Hindy Page Find all the books, read about the author, and more. See search results for this author Are you an author? Learn about Author Central (Author), J. Conrad Schwarz (Author), Archie Brodsky (Author)