Jennifer, School Psychologist
Experience:  Extensive experience fostering family relationships through consultation / counseling.

I have been married for 9 years and together with my husband

Customer Question

I have been married for 9 years and together with my husband for 11. we have been arguing for awhile now about almost everything. seems like i can't do anything right in his eyes. i need some help on what to do to make my marriage work. he says i'm not making him happy anymore. he walked out the door a couple of weeks ago on me and our 2 small kids. i don't know what to do. please help
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jennifer replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using!

It sounds like your relationship has reached a point where you're having difficulty solving the problems on your own. Would he be open to couples counseling? Counseling is a safe place to share feelings and work toward your goals as a couple with the guidance of a counselor. It would be worth asking him to attend at least a few counseling sessions together to see if it might help -- if not for you, then for the sake of your two young children. Counseling would enable you to learn how to communicate with one another without arguing (particularly important when your children are present) and how to resolve your conflicts instead of simply walking away from the problem. I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX's open to this idea and wish you luck!