Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Counselor
Experience:  PHD LPC
14832673

my live in boyfriend has 2 kids by other women. his daughters

my live in boyfriend has 2 kids by other women. his daughter's mother invited him to join them for dinner after a school play he is attending for his daughter at school . I feel like that is inappropriate and disrespectful to me. i don't mind the play its the dinner after that concerns me. am i over reacting? I feel he can take her out just the 2 of them the day after the play neither of us is sure which is the right thing to do . am i interfering in him being a father and is he crossing the line by going to dinner with them. i thimk its to intimate an portays them as a couple in public.
Hi, if you trust this man then there is no reason to worry, he is their father and it's a nice gesture and will make the child feel good. Once he became a father, he will always have a connection to this family, so as long as you are secure and trust him there is nothing to worry about at all. As far as being disrespectful to you I believe you need to look at it from another view, a positive one, he is taking responsibility and being a part of his children's lives and that is admirable in a person. Over reacting? don't think of it as something personal, it's not about you, it's about the kids and him being part of their lives.
Please click accept and leave feedback.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i understand that but trust is a issue with both of us. he has left his other babymomma to go back to his daughter's mom and vis versa between the 2 of them . she doesn't allow him to take her to his place he has to go to her house to see his daughter. i feel they already spend to much alone time together.

Hi, if you both have trust issues then you will not be comfortable with the relationship between him and his ex. I would suggest you both work these issues out in therapy, you deserve to be comfortable with each other and trusting.
Please click accept and leave feedback.